React Native Or Ionic: Which Mobile App Development To Choose & Why?
- June 25, 2021
- General, Insights
The increased use of smartphones has created a wide opportunity for all application developers. Almost in every sector, there are numerous applications available. Developers are continuously trying their level best to use apps very simply by opting for innovative approaches. When so many options are available to choose, there comes the difficulty as to which one to select. Here we are to make your task a little easier.
Below, we have tried to compare two superb quality mobile app developments, namely React Native and Ionic. Hope it clears all your doubts and makes you able to choose the best for you. So let us dive deeper into this:
First, let us understand the two in simple language:
As a developer, you can reuse their code from IOS for Android. To make their customers satisfied, it gives a core set of a platform that consists of native components. These are View, Text, and Image.
The main advantage of this developing app is that it reduces the cost of development and codebases maintenance. If you want to launch your app in both application stores quickly, this app is just for you to integrate it with other numerous tools to get the best use of this application.
Some Eye-catching Comparisons:
- Languages Used: To choose between the two, look for the languages used in the two on a priority basis. React native uses JSX that makes it look like HTML, whereas ionic uses Typescript.
- Performance: You will always want to work with the developing app that has better performance. React native gives better native performance compared to ionic.
- Documentation: Another aspect to conclude as to which one to go for is the documentation. React native provides very basic documentation, whereas Ionic has very clean, consistent, and simple documentation.
- Testing: The easy to test your development, the better it is in the long run. It not only makes your task easier but also saves your precious time. A device or an emulator is needed for testing in React Native, whereas no such device is being used to test for Ionic.
- Reusability: Do you want to reuse the code. If yes, then Ionic is the one for you. React Native Developing Company doesn’t allow reusability of the code, whereas Ionic facilitates the same. This feature saves a lot of your precious time and effort.
- Platform: To correlate the two, think of the platforms you have to create the application. React native allows app developers to create only for Android or IOS users. On the other hand, Ionic assists in developing apps that can get used on desktop, mobile, and web.
- Pocket-Friendly: One of the most crucial parameters to select any app development is how much to spend. Ionic is more wallet-friendly as compared to React native. The sole reason being ionic applications can be run anywhere across multiple platforms.
- Support: One of the most important points is to have your issue resolved quickly. When you’re facing any issue during your task, you eagerly want to get it resolved as soon as possible. React Native wins the race as its community support is too strong when they are set side by side.
Both the developing apps are not new to the developing market. They have their pros and cons. To select between is undoubtedly very hard. You should be clear in your mind about what your requirements are. If you would ask me, I will suggest you go with React Native. The main reason behind it is that it is fully capable of building native apps. Its components are fully native; thereby, the end-user will not differentiate between Native and React native. By choosing React, you’re going to have not only strong but also supportive app development. This was just my opinion, rest it all depends on you as to which one to go for.
Be very wise in picking up your developing app. Jot down the use cases and preferences of your app to choose from them. Keep changing the development world with your innovative ideas in the field of application development.