Pros and Cons of React Native Development In 2021!
- March 16, 2021
- General, Insights
Do you sometimes get an entirely innovative idea to create something you want the world to see and use? A mobile app development framework that you think could revolutionize areas in ways previously unthought and unheard of? React Native Developer allows you to do exactly that! React Native is, in essence, an open-source framework that allows you to create mobile applications. It was created by Facebook Inc. and can be used to develop various applications for Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, Web, etc.
Why Use React Native?
React native, as a mobile app development company, comes highly recommended because it is extremely easy to use and is slick and smooth. It also has an impeccable user interface which significantly reduces load time. It is quite cheap and can be easily afforded without compromising on quality or functionality.
Pros of React Native!
React Native and being efficient, easy to use, and generally better than other platforms have some distinctly pointed out advantages. Here are some:
- Speeds up App Development Process: React Native helps you reduce time spent developing the application as it allows you to create applications on two platforms simultaneously. Hence, while working for one RN creates a mobile application for the function/update. This can help save both time and money.
- Ensures Stable Growth: React Native shares its components that actively know how to display the app on a given platform. This allows the developers to delve into the coding and designing of the application instead of the promotion or details. This also allows better planning to go releasing applications as its work is more efficient.
- Can Integrate With the Native Application: Having your application written both natively and react-native can open many possibilities. React Native thus offers an option through which users can find both the views written natively and react native. Through this feature, developers can manage to afford writing code by reacting Native at lower costs while also managing to write the rest that it doesn’t offer on Native. This also provides an additional benefit; transferring your application by a cross-platform solution can be rewritten in small steps, reducing the number of errors.
- Supported by External Tools: Since the development of the process required to be completed isn’t just writing the code and also requires repetitive routine tasks that need to be carried out. This may include building a new version of the application, testing new versions using certain types of tests, releasing the tests, and investigating any bugs on the application for smoother use. These routine tasks are generally sourced to external tools or services, making it easy for developers to carry out the apps’ smooth functioning. This sourcing and delegating eliminates human error and makes the applications more fool-proof.
Cons of React Native!
While there are wide-ranging advantages of using the React Native Apps development services; however, there are also some cons to using it that you must know before opting for it and optimizing it to your best use. These are:
- Doesn’t Speed up the Testing Process: As mentioned in the pros of using React Native when it provides mobile app development services, the development team’s time to process the app decreases. However, the same is not true to the time taken up by the quality assurance team; the platform takes the same amount of testing time as Native.
- Testing is More Challenging: With RN’s use of cross-platform, two new problems also arise. Firstly, the application communicates with native components and bad code that causes errors on both platforms. Secondly, a problem is related to the common source code; if there’s an error on one platform, it will reflect on all.
- Has an Inferior Android Support: Originally, React Native was only supported in iOS, due to which it still has a weaker support system on the android platform where it was introduced much later. Its performance in the android platform is also slightly worse than Native.
- Harder to Build a Cross Platform Team: Since the team needs to know both the technological worlds, it is much more difficult to build a team to cope with the challenges that arise in developing the app.
However, React Native app development companies should still be chosen because they can develop Android and iOS systems and are based on a custom design. This fact in itself provides multiple benefits in stages of development. With this, RN’s custom design also allows easier and better styling across platforms; while the pros and cons can be weighed and decided against, RN is a solid system that is almost unrivaled.