Before answering this question, we need to analyze various aspects of both apps. Both are mobile apps used on mobile phones and tablets. Android is manufactured by Google and is commonly used for smartphone platforms. The iOS operating system is used only on Apple devices such as iPhones and iPads; however, the Android operating system is partly open source and is Linux-based. Its basic features and interface are more customizable. On the other hand, iOS Mobile App Development is closed, with open source components.
- Initial Release: Android was first released on 23, 2008, whereas iOS was released on July 29, 2007
- Marketability: Market share worldwide during October 2021 is 71.09% for Android Mobile App Development and 28.21% for iOS, a ratio of 3:1 for Android worldwide.
- Technical Aspects: You need to avail yourself of the services of an Android Mobile App Company because it is more complex compared to iOS. iOS has only three devices as iPhone, iPod, and iPad. Android has many devices such as smartphones and tablets of varying screen sizes and aspect ratios.
- Programming Language: iOS Mobile App Development uses Objective C or Swift for Native development. Android is based on Kotlin and Java.
- Publishing Process: You can upload an Android app more easily on the Google Play Store with a one-time payment of $25. Once you get it published, you can get the app within a few hours. On the other hand, iOS has the stringent and lengthy process of approval before publishing to the store
- Available Languages: Android has 100+ and iOS has 34 languages
- Voice Commands: Google Now and Google Assistant, and iOS has Siri
- Call Massaging: Primary for Android is Google Hangouts, and for iOS, it is Face Time and iMessage. A third-party app like Facebook Messenger, Google Duo, Skype, and WhatsApp is workable on Android and iOS.
- Security: Android security is monthly updated, which manufacturers don’t tend to push out. As a result, most Android devices are running outdated software.
IOS is locked, and downloading apps from the App Store is complicated. There are occasional security updates.
- Interface: As a primary need for Mobile Application both have Touch Screens
- OS family: Android belongs to the Linux family and iOS to OS X, UNIX
- User Experience: iOS is better user-friendly, whereas Android has better VR and AR.
- Speed: iOS is faster than Android
- App Ecosystem: Companies such as Samsung, Micromax, HTC, and many more use Android because it offers more devices options.
iOS is used only in Apple devices.
- Social Media Integration: Posting updates and networks is not easy on Android, whereas it is easier on iOS.
- Customization: Being Linux-based, Android is easy to customize, whereas it is difficult with iOS
- System Integration: Apple has designed features that facilitate the carrying over of data and work from one device to another. Android lags behind Apple in this aspect. However, Google is getting help from Microsoft to close the gap with the latest Your Phone app for windows. It allows users of Android to respond to notifications and texts on their PCs.Therefore Mobile Apps Development Services adopted by established companies engaged in banking, airlines, and many others are a bit cleaner with iOS than with Android.
- App Tracking Notification: Recently, iOS has introduced this feature that ensures increased privacy controls. It is a big blow to third-party companies like Facebook.
Android lacks this feature
- Rolling Time on New Versions: When a new version of iOS is released, it is made available and installed on all models on the same day. But Android rolls out to individual phones and not by models.
- Retail Support: iOS has better retail support compared to Android.
Why is Android Better?
- Cost: The first and foremost reason is that Android has a multitude of price options. Besides those from the branded companies, you can even get Android in three digit-priced such as Pixel 4a. At the same time, you can get the most minor and most prominent phones with Android. The foldable and phablets may even exceed $ 1,000. Android phones suit all pockets. Besides budget price, it provides exclusive features.
Historically, iPhones have been expensive at the time of their launching. Prices may come down after successive generations. The latest version iPhone 12 mini is priced at $699, coming with a small 5.4-inch display. You can get the Galaxy 520 S20 FE at the same price but with a bigger screen, a telephoto lens, and a larger battery. iPhone SE is the least-expensive iPhone. It is priced at $400. The screen is too small.
- Customization: Android platform is reputed with users who intend to personalize their devices. The customization may be related to home screen launches. It has widgets to place apps anywhere in a drawer, out of sight, or on a page. Alternatively, you can download the Android launcher from the Google Play store.
- Third-party Replacements: With Android, you can download third-party replacements such as keyboards, web browsers, and media players as the default versions. Of late, iOS has improved in this regard.
- Creation of Themes: Some Android phones have unique abilities to hide videos and photos and scoop the screenshots. Samsung’s One UI has these abilities.
- Expansion of Storage: You can use a micro-SD card for keeping apps, photos, and other media that can’t be held in the internal memory.
- Universal USB-C: These ports for charging and transfer of data are super convenient.
- Drag-and-Drop-Support: You can do this by plugging your device into Windows PC. You don’t have to subscribe to an extensive library.
- Display Projection: You can use and view your device in the capacity of a desktop. It can replace ultraportable laptops or the best Chromebooks.
- Highly Innovative: Being used by so many established companies, Android technology is advancing faster. The innovative features are wireless charging, OLED, 4G LTE, 5G, NFC, water resistance, in-screen fingerprint, and multi-lens cameras.
- Software Breakthroughs: such as copy and paste, true multitasking, and multi-window support
The latest versions are Android 12 and iOS 15.